We currently have a position available for an Intermediate Accountant
Mitchell Partners is well established and enjoys the reputation of being a profiled firm within the business community as trusted advisors who provide strategy & solutions. The firm has a large client base of business clientele, high net worth individuals and high profile clients and is ideally positioned to embark on a new growth phase. We have strong values and a culture of being a loyal employer with staff committing to stay long term.
An excellent opportunity is available for a motivated & skilled intermediate Accountant with our Accounting and Advisory firm located in Surrey Hills.
Your proven experience working in a public practice, will enhance our team with your exceptional skills to deliver the highest level of professional service to our clients.
We are looking to recruit an Intermediate Accountant who can deliver a quality service to our clients. In order to do this, you will be:
- Preparing Financial Statements and Income Tax Returns
- Preparing Business Activity Statements
- Preparing management accounts, budgets, cash flows, etc
- Providing assistance to clients regarding taxation, accounting and bookkeeping matters
- Maintaining client relationships – speaking to clients, answering questions, helping them
The ideal candidate should:
- Have 2-5 years’ experience as a business services Accountant in a public practice in Australia
- Be familiar with Xero cloud accounting platform (essential) and other accounting software
- Have a high attention to detail and take pride in their work
- Be a team player and enjoy working in a friendly team environment
- Be enthusiastic, pro-active and self-motivated
- Have good organisational and time management skills
- Be well presented
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Have excellent client relationship skills with the ability to build and grow on the relationships
- Embrace and drive the inclusive culture and strong values of the firm
- Show initiative and embrace constant improvement
- Be degree qualified and CA/CPA qualified or working towards your CA/CPA qualification
Remuneration negotiable based on experience and qualifications.
This is a permanent full-time position and you must have full working rights in Australia to be considered.
If this is you, submit your resume and cover letter or alternatively email email@example.com (no recruitment agencies please).
Your application should include answers to these questions:
- How many years of public practice accounting experience do you have?
- How many years of taxation experience do you have?
- Have you completed or are currently completing a chartered accountant (CA) or certified practising accountant (CPA) qualification?
- Do you have full working rights in Australia?
- What are your salary expectations?